“This is the legendary MPC60, with the inimitable sound and swing that changed the game for Hip Hop and Electronic music. Designed by Roger Linn (who created only this and the MPC3000) and released in 1988, it has been used by everyone from Dilla and DJ Shadow to Ron Trent, Jean-Michel Jarre and Aphex Twin.
Celebrated for its innovative design, the essential functions of the Akai MPC line have not changed since. The MPC60 is built to last, and stands out for it’s beautiful sound engine and Roger Linn interface, including the famous individual swing and shift timing per track.
As well as the warm, fat sound, the MPC60 features more ports than modern versions:
– 8 assignable audio outputs
– 4 MIDI outputs – great for controlling additional synths and drum machines.
– 2 MIDI inputs
– Send and Return FX loop
– Rock-solid MIDI clock, syncs well with DAW and other hardware
Superb condition, with some cosmetic blemishes on the original metal casing. Comes with a durable printed operation manual.
The inside has just been professionally refurbished, including all the button contacts replaced with brand new quality components, and new back-lit screen. So it’s perfect working condition, workshop tested.
This machine has the following upgrades:
– Custom solid wood side panels
– Maxed-out RAM and sample time
– OS 3.1 installed, also designed by Roger Linn for the MPC3000
– SCSI interface installed (cable, Zip disks and drive available on request)
– Heavy duty black cotton dust cover” Click here to visit listing on eBay